One quarter gone… Where did the time go?
We are now one quarter of the way through the year and I thought it would be a good time to review my goals and see where my progress is at. So let’s get right into it…
Publish 3 Novels by 12/31
- I would like to say that I am progressing here, but it is definitely slow going as I am in the process of revising book one of the Conquer the Darkness Series due to a publishing conflict.
- Book 4 is still in the editing stages due to the revision of book one
- Book 5 is being written, though slower than I would have liked.
~ Some life events took precedence this quarter and I’ve gotten a bit behind here, but never fear, I’ll get back on track bringing you awesome stories and fantastic content!
Read 12 Books in Genre by 12/31
- So far I have read three of the twelve books, so I am behind one book. The last book I read was really hard for me to get through and caused me to put it down for several days at a time before picking it back up.
~ Now that I am through that one, I’m ready to pick another and forge ahead!
Read 6 Books NOT in Genre by 12/31
- One down, one in progress and four to go!
Organize a group of Beta readers for my books by 4/30
- Again I’ve done research and have a goal of getting qualified readers for my Beta group, but have yet to gain actual people to be in the group. So, now I ask you… would you like to be a part of my team? Gain free ARC of my books? And read some awesome fiction? Click Beta Readers if interested and lets go on an adventure!
Find an Editor I connect with by 6/30
- Uh! I haven’t even thought about this for more than two seconds! Still one of my goals, but my writing comes first and since I’ve lost time on that all my thoughts are on catching up. Hopefully, my next report will be better on this front.
Organize a Critique Group who enjoys my genre and will give productive feedback by 3/31
- Yet another area I’ve worked on very little. I’ve signed up for Scribofile, which is on-line critiques of your work, but you have to critique and gain points before you can publish your own work to be critiqued.
- I’ve also started a Wattpad account and have submitted a short story. Head on over to check it out and tell me what you think!
- Otherwise, that’s as far as I’ve gotten on this. Comment below or click Critique Partner if you’d be interested in being a critique partner for Paranormal Romance/Fantasy books.
Create and Implement Street and Review Team for Books by 4/30
- Oh my goodness! Does the chaos never cease? Hopefully, I can get my butt into gear since I took nearly a month off for family reasons. One more thing to add to my list of things to do and very soon. If interested please sign up here.
Post 26 Blog Posts Every Other Week in 2018
- Luckily, this is one area I’ve excelled at. I haven’t missed a post yet!
- Have a topic you would like me to elaborate on? Comment below and I will add it to my list!
Be More Communicative on Social Media and Online: Comment on Posts and in forums, Post advice, comments, thoughts and questions on social Media.
- I’ve started posting irregularly on my social media accounts, but I’m starting to get better at being on there regularly. More to come!
I’ll keep these as a list as they don’t nee much explanation:
Grow Business by 25% by 12/31
~ Going Up!
Create New Products and Useful Printables for Readers and Writers – 2 by 12/31
~ Working on! You’re going to love these!
Start Using Video in Marketing by 6/30
~ Lots of video training, may get this up before scheduled!
Create/Participate in 2 Big Events for Readers: Haha, I have thoughts, but what’s the fun in ruining the surprise here! 😉
~ Research and development are underway!
Create 100 total items for store by 1/31 and continue with 5 more per month after January. Want to visit my store, click HERE!
~ No where even close to 100 products, so I’m doing what I can and I’ll keep moving to gain more.
Try out New list of Marketing Ideas and record results.
~ Working on and progressing well!
Revamp Webpage and Pages by 3/30
~ New site is up and most pages are complete, just a few more pics and tweaks to go!
What better way to keep up with your skill than to lean more about it?
Complete 3 Educational Courses by 12/31
~ I’ve complete three already and it’s only been four months!
Schedule Time to Work on Drawing and Take Art Classes (Once a Week)
~ This was going well, and I hope to get back into it soon!
What About You?
Are you reaching your 2018 goals?
Are you completing and accomplishing the tasks you set out to do? Let me know in the comments below. Let’s keep each other accountable!