Half of the year has gone… Where did the time go? It’s definitely going faster than I would like…
We are now one half of the way through the year and I thought it would be a good time to review my goals and see where my progress is at. So let’s get right into it…
Publish 3 Novels by 12/31
- I’ve finally gotten back into a rhythm of sorts. Book One is now revised and published for your reading pleasure. Free as well as the Prequel
- Book 4 is is now also revised, edited and published.
- Book 5 is being written, though slower than I would have liked, I am getting somewhere with it now.
~ It took so much time to get back into things after all the run around in the first quarter. I’ve since made some changes, gotten back into rhythm and I’m off writing daily again!
Read 12 Books in Genre by 12/31
- So far I’ve read 6 books of 12 and I’m reading two right now, so I would say that I’m ahead on this one!
~ I’m having a bit of trouble reading these two as it is hard to stay with the story. I have faith I’ll get through it though and keep moving forward. One page at a time, right?
Read 6 Books NOT in Genre by 12/31
- One down, one in progress and four to go! Yeah, I’m behind here. I need to pick up another book.
Organize a group of Beta readers for my books by 4/30
- I have been in contact with two wonderful people willing to beta read for me as I return the favor. Would you like to be a part of my team? Gain free ARC of my books? And read some awesome fiction? Click Beta Readers if interested and lets go on an adventure!
Find an Editor I connect with by 6/30
- Uh! I haven’t even thought about this for more than two seconds! Still one of my goals, but my writing comes first and since I’ve lost time on that all my thoughts are on catching up. Hopefully, my next report will be better on this front.
- Update: Still no editor, but I’m looking. Go some advice or know of an editor that won’t break my wallet? Please comment below and help a girl out!
Organize a Critique Group who enjoys my genre and will give productive feedback by 3/31
- I’ve lost some much time I haven’t even been on Scribofile in a while.
- I have traded work with two great people who are willing to keep the relationship going.
- I’ve also started a Wattpad account and have submitted a short story. Head on over to check it out and tell me what you think!
- Otherwise, that’s as far as I’ve gotten on this. Comment below or click Critique Partner if you’d be interested in being a critique partner for Paranormal Romance/Fantasy books.
Create and Implement Street and Review Team for Books by 4/30
- Oh my goodness! Does the chaos never cease? Hopefully, I can get my butt into gear since I took nearly a month off for family reasons. One more thing to add to my list of things to do and very soon. If interested please sign up below!
Post 26 Blog Posts Every Other Week in 2018
- Luckily, this is one area I’ve excelled at. I haven’t missed a post yet!
- I’ve begun to expand my posts to be writing related one week and the next is an inspirational word. You can check out my blog HERE!
- Have a topic you would like me to elaborate on? Comment below and I will add it to my list!
Be More Communicative on Social Media and Online: Comment on Posts and in forums, Post advice, comments, thoughts and questions on social Media.
- I’ve started posting irregularly on my social media accounts, but I’m starting to get better at being on there regularly. More to come!
I’ll keep these as a list as they don’t nee much explanation:
Grow Business by 25% by 12/31
~ Going Up!
Create New Products and Useful Printables for Readers and Writers – 2 by 12/31
~ Still Working on! You’re going to love these!
Start Using Video in Marketing by 6/30
~ Lots of video training, hit a road block, but hopefully will be up soon!
Create/Participate in 2 Big Events for Readers: Haha, I have thoughts, but what’s the fun in ruining the surprise here! 😉
~ Research and development are underway!
Create 100 total items for store by 1/31 and continue with 5 more per month after January. Want to visit my store, click HERE!
~ No where even close to 100 products, so I’m doing what I can and I’ll keep moving to gain more.
~ I may try a new storefront to get things out faster and easier, more to come on that!
Try out New list of Marketing Ideas and record results.
~ Working on and progressing well! So many ideas to implement!! I’m sure you’ve seen a few if you follow any of my social media!!
Revamp Webpage and Pages by 3/30
~ New site is up and most pages are complete, just a few more pics and tweaks to go! I have pictures but the SD card isn’t compatible with my computer so hopefully I’ll have them up in a week or two!!
What better way to keep up with your skill than to lean more about it?
Complete 3 Educational Courses by 12/31
~ I’ve completed three in the first four months! Still learning, but working on words more now to catch up!
Schedule Time to Work on Drawing and Take Art Classes (Once a Week)
~ This was going well in the first quarter, the second not so much, but I hope to get back into it soon!
What About You?
Are you reaching your 2018 goals?
Are you completing and accomplishing the tasks you set out to do? Let me know in the comments below. Let’s keep each other accountable and encouraged!