So, without further ado, here are my goals for 2017:
- Publish four short stories by December 31, 2017
- Stories are my passion. I love the characters, the journey, the settings, quests, character growth, surprises, twists, and everything included in a good story. My hope is that you love my stories as much as I do.
- Read 12 books in my chosen genre by December 31, 2017d
- Not only is ready my chosen genre enjoyable, it can be inspirational, enlightening, and can cause a sense of peace when reading the words of a fellow author.
- Read 4 books not in my chosen genre by December 31, 2017
- I am usually only interested in my chosen genre, hence the reason for choosing it, but I realize I need to branch out!
- Post 26 blog post with interesting, useful or entertaining information by December 31, 2017
- More is always welcome, right. I’m just starting so I don’t want to overdo myself. My goal is to become more connected with my readers and provide information that inspires and assists others with their dreams while I am following my own.
- Complete 3 educational courses
- Continuing education is a way to hone your skills, flesh out a project while learning something new. You can never go wrong with learning more on your chosen industry.
- Grow my business by 5% by December 31, 2017
- I’m starting slow, feel free to give me pointers! I have been working on this business for the last year, probably longer, but this year I want to get serious and begin growing it to the level I believe I can accomplish and further!
- Publish novel by June 30, 2017
- I have really been working on this novel for the last 15 years on and off. It is one believe in. I have recently been heading back to this novel with edits and rewrites. My goal is to finally get this novel published by this summer! Wish me luck!
These are my main goals for this year and I have spent the time to plan ahead with some posts and story lines as well as creating deadlines for each. If I can accomplish all of my goals by the end of the year, it will be the best birthday present I could give myself since it is the day before!
What are some of your goals for 2017? What encouragement would you give a fellow writer?