It’s getting to be the end of the year and I’ve been working on plans for next year.
While thinking of what I really wanted to do with my business and how I want to move forward with my books, I find myself realizing that my goals from last year were… well, dull. Though they fit my business there was really no depth to them and to the business itself. If I want to make writing my career, I need to be more specific and defined with my goals for my business and my books.
My thoughts here are to keep myself accountable to my goals and my business by publishing them for others to witness. I did come a tad short from my goals last year as my fourth book will be published by the end of January. I realized I pushed myself to do to much without a team to keep me focused and motivated as far as my business is concerned. So without further jabbering from me, here are my goals for 2018.
Publish 3 Novels by 12/31
- Though my goal last year was to publish four books, I have written four, but will be unable to complete the last as the holidays and the need for much required rest has taken presidents since I have stretched myself further than I can go within the last few weeks. So for 2018 I have reduced my number of published novels by one to give myself the needed rejuvenation required to keep motivated and productive throughout the year.
Read 12 Books in Genre by 12/31
- With keeping up with reading I have surpassed my goal for this year and will repeat it for next year to keep the inspiration and imagination flowing. What better way to stay creative that to read those who have come before you?
Read 6 Books NOT in Genre by 12/31
- This I have not kept up with this year, though I have read a few books not on my genre. I intend to keep reading so that my creativity is at it’s max for Inspiration as well as continued education on the industry.
Organize a group of Beta readers for my books by 4/30
- There are some parts of being an author that I have really slacked on and wish to remedy as soon as I’m able. This area would be one of them. I plan to gather a dedicated group of people who would like to receive ARC of my book to read and reply with suggestions. I am offering this to anyone interested, and you could be the first. Click HERE to let me know you are interested.
Find an Editor I connect with by 6/30
- Here is another that I am in need of. I understand the importance of hiring a professional editor and funds have not been enough to accommodate this need. My hope is to remedy that this year and hire a professional editor to edit my books to create a better reading experience for my readers.
Organize a Critique Group who enjoys my genre and will give productive feedback by 3/31
- Another area that has been lacking this year. I would like to find like-minded people interested in the same Genre to participate in a critique exchange for our stories. Here is another opportunity to find a critique partner. Click HERE to find out more.
Create and Implement Street and Review Team for Books by 4/30
- One more item to participate in: My plan is to create a Street Team and Review Team for my Novels as they become available. If you would like to be a part of that when the time comes, Click HERE!
Post 26 Blog Posts Every Other Week in 2018
- My goal is to provide you, the reader with insightful and useful information throughout the year. Have a topic you would like me to elaborate on? Comment below and I will add it to my list!
Be More Communicative on Social Media and Online: Comment on Posts and in forums, Post advice, comments, thoughts and questions on social Media.
- Another goal is to provide more communication with you, my readers; with advice, encouragement, and more.
I’ll keep these as a list as they don’t nee much explanation:
Grow Business by 25% by 12/31
Create New Products and Useful Printables for Readers and Writers – 2 by 12/31
Start Using Video in Marketing by 6/30
Create/Participate in 2 Big Events for Readers: Haha, I have thoughts, but what’s the fun in ruining the surprise here! 😉
Create 100 total items for store by 1/31 and continue with 5 more per month after January. Visit my store, FictionJourneys!
Try out New list of Marketing Ideas and record results.
Revamp Webpage and Pages by 3/30
What better way to keep up with your skill than to lean more about it?
Complete 3 Educational Courses by 12/31
Schedule Time to Work on Drawing and Take Art Classes (Once a Week)
How About You?
What are your goals for 2018?
What things do you want to get done this year? Care to share to keep each other accountable? I’d love to read what your thoughts are. Comment below!